Bayreuth, Festspielhaus. - The festival hall was built between 1872 and 1875 by Otto Brückwald according to designs by Richard Wagner in the style of Hellenistic Romanticism on the "Grüner Hügel" in Bayreuth. It was opened on August 13, 1876 with a performance of "Rheingold". Since then, the composer's legacy of dramatic operas is cherished here and performed as part of the annual festival.
Hand-colored etching by Herta Czoernig-Gobanz (1886-1970), estate signed. Plate size 22 x 19 cm (8¾ x 7½ in), sheet size 35 x 29 cm (13¾ x 11½ in).
Order no. 1200-791
Please click images to enlarge.
Tel. +43 1 512 54 66
Shipping prices on request.
Our Terms & Conditions apply.