Vienna, Schulerstrasse 8 (detail). - The upper part of the house where the Mozart couple lived with their children from 1784 to 1787. The building, which was erected in the 17th century and is also known as "Figaro House", today accomodates a Mozart memorial. Mozart was visited here by his father Leopold as well as by Joseph Haydn and Ludwig van Beethoven, and it was here that he wrote his opera "Le Nozze di Figaro" (KV 492), among other works. It is also the source of the musical quotation, the beginning of Cherubino's aria from the first act ("Non so più cosa son, cosa faccio") in German version: "Neue Freuden, neue Schmerzen".
Hand-colored etching by Herta Czoernig-Gobanz (1886-1970), estate signed. Plate size 19 x 21 cm (7½ x 8¼ in), sheet size 35 x 29 cm (13¾ x 11½ in) or 39 x 25 cm (15¼ x 9¾ in) - please specify when ordering.
Order no. 1200-743
Please click images to enlarge.
Tel. +43 1 512 54 66
Shipping prices on request.
Our Terms & Conditions apply.